Monday, November 16, 2015

Blog Assignment #5 Interview Candidates

In my first feature profile I interviewed a U.S. Marine Corps staff sergeant and I enjoyed finding the relatable yet intriguing parts of his life.  For this particular assignment, I plan on interviewing somebody who works at a dog grooming place, simply because I like dogs and have noticed more dog grooming places in my immediate area.  Maybe a New York City council member since I never got a chance to interview one in my last feature profile assignment.  Then perhaps a local business owner in the Long Island City area who can offer perspective on changes to the neighborhood, keys to success and how the economy or any other outside force has shaped their work life.  The reasons behind these options are simply because I enjoy the challenge of bringing something out of what many consider ordinary.  Some of the questions that I've been brainstorming include:

What was your first impression of your profession?

What is your most memorable experience on the job?

Describe a typical day at work.

Was there any turning point in life that led you to choosing this profession?

What are some of the most challenging aspects of your job?

If you could change one thing about your job or workplace, what would it be?

What are some of the trends or possible changes you've noticed in your profession?

What might surprise people about your day-to-day work?

What is something you'd like people to know about your profession?

What is the most enjoyable part of your profession?

Can you discuss some of your inspirations?

What are some changes you'd like to see if any?






No comments:

Post a Comment